What better way to experience the beauty of Devon and Dartmoor than to pitch a tent and set up camp at the award winning campsite on the edge of the River Dart. Rated AA 4 pennants this is the perfect base for a camping holiday to explore Devon and Cornwall.
They offer everything that camping in the great outdoors is all about: nights under canvas, open air cooking and perhaps even a little star gazing!
Camping pitches and facilities
Set within mature parkland and bordered by woodland, the campsite has generous, neat and individually marked and numbered pitches. They have a Campsite Shop which stocks everyday items from newspapers to groceries, meat for the BBQ as well as emergency camping equipment from torches to toothbrushes! The three well maintained toilet blocks have free hot showers, washing up facilities, disabled facilities and coin operated laundry rooms.
All camping and touring customers have free use of all park facilities including the extensive advernture playgrounds, and tennis courts. (Dare Devils not included).
The Old Sawmill cafe bar provides a fresh and inviting place to eat, drink and unwind!
The campsite offers the following, most of which one would expect from a quality campsite;-
- All pitch areas served by access roads with local water and rubbish points
- Modern, well-equipped amenity blocks, with free hot water and showers.
- Electric hook-up points available.
- Hard standing pitches available. (please request when booking)
- Facilities for disabled and young families.
- Covered washing up areas.
- Laundry rooms. (coin operated)
- Dedicated campsite wardens.
- Tennis courts - please bring your own rackets.
- Secure barrier entry system.
- Recycling facilities.
- Well behaved pets welcome, must be kept on a lead at all times. (max of 2 dogs)
- They are a family site and as such expect theirr customers to respect their neighbours. They do operate a quiet time after 11pm and request that you read and follow the site rules.