The campervans for hire include the classic 1970s Volkswagen Type 2 van, originally converted to camper vans back then and lovingly renovated inside and out by their dedicated team. What does that mean? It means you get the iconic Summer Of Love experience with the subtlety of modern convenience.
They want to make your holiday run as smoothly as their campers do! That's why they've fitted electronic ignition, and a catalytic converter to keep your carbon footprint down. In addition to the usual FM radio/CD player combination, in some of the vans they've also fitted an FM transmitter to hook your MP3 player up to the stereo, so your iPod, phone or whatever can play through the van's own speakers.
The campervans each have a mains battery and a leisure battery. The leisure battery is charged up when you're on the move and will last for about 7 hours. It works the fridge, electric tap, ignition on the hob and interior lights. This means the vehicles main battery is never used for these bits and pieces. They recommend that you plug into a campsite's electrical hook-up to keep it charged overnight. The electric sockets and the heater only work off the mains hook up.
You'll be lovely and warm with independent heating system in the van when you're on the move. For cooking, you've got a small gas hob and a grill. They supply crockery, cutlery, utensils, pots and pans.
The VW campers can sleep four - two on the rear rock and roll double bed (it converts quickly and painlessly into a bed) and two children in the beds or hammocks in the pop-top roof. Of course, since the van can seat five, there's no reason you can't use an awning to sleep someone in or a popup tent just outside the van...you can draw straws every night to see who gets to rough it.
They have a depot in Southampton, Hampshire on the edge of the New Forest National Park and one in Sidford, on the Devon Coast close to the Dartmoor National Park. It's part of what inspired them to start restoring classic Volkswagen campers - that relaxed, retro, back-to-basics attitude towards life.
They are a small, family run business passionate about VW campers and helping their customers have amazing holidays and adventures. All the campervans have their own unique personality, style and range of features.
Theirr flexible attitude means theycan cater to your individual needs wherever possible.
The flat rates they quote to hire one of the camper vans include the following:
- Hire of the campervan and accessories
- Fully comprehensive insurance for drivers with no endorsements and subject to their Terms & Conditions
- Full breakdown cover subject to their Terms & Conditions
- Unlimited mileage - T5's only. T2's - see available counties
- Full tank of petrol - remember to return it with a full tank
- Each campervan includes for example; Crockery, Cutlery, Cups, Glasses, Plates, Bowls, Kettle, Pans, Cooking utensils.
- A full demonstration of how everything works when you collect the campervan. Please allow a little extra time for this.
- A parking space in our car park whilst you're away on request. Note: that parking is at your own risk.