Lurcombe is a working Farm on the edge of Dartmoor National Park. Parts of the buildings have been lovingly converted into luxury 5* boutique cottages.
They are located in a hidden valley, 5 mins from the A38 Devon Expressway in Bickington. The hidden valley slopes down to a small stream. There are four ponds along the stream. The ground is slightly sloping and we also have big ‘Devon Hills’!
They pride ourselves on being able to offer short breaks and long stays on Dartmoor.
The land and animals are tended and looked after very well and they take great pride in keeping Lurcombe so very beautiful. Here onsite, they can offer you the following:
- Onsite Fishing (Carp/Trout)
- Local maps, walking routes, books of the local area and books of interest to help you plan your time here.
- Woodland walks
- Fantastic outside relaxation spaces
- The opportunity to meet their native breed cattle (born and raised on Dartmoor), their sheep, lambs & the pigs
- A spot of tennis – please use the tennis court and rackets
- Birdwatch some of Lurcombe’s finest! (Goshawks, buzzards, kestrels, ducks)
The Granary Barn Conversion
(Sleeps 2) This exquisite barn conversion offers you:
- A Bottle of Wine, eggs (from our chickens) and pint of milk on your arrival.
- High quality fresh linen and towels.
- Living Area with vaulted ceilings that rise above you – exposed beams and chandeliers, large reclaimed oak bookshelves and dining table.
- Comfortable Leather sofas, easy chairs, thick pile carpets, rugs and rich curtains.
- Local books, maps and novels fill the shelves of The Granary’s ‘Lending Library’.
- Wireless broadband service so you can stay in touch with the outside world. (but only if you want to!)
- Flat screen TV/DVD with the full range of Freeview channels available.
- Modern fully equipped fitted kitchen with oven, dishwasher, fridge/freezer – A basic kitchen caddy of tea/coffee/herbs/salt and pepper etc.
- Beautiful reclaimed oak king sized bed.
- Dressing mirrors,oak wardrobes and high quality soft furnishings.
- Fully tiled Bathroom designed with a ‘sunken’ shower that fits two people
- Views of the courtyard and Great Orchard and the rolling Devon hills.
- Shared utility room (washing/drying)
- Outside table and chairs are nearby with many other fantastic private areas available for your use. Please ask and they’ll show you…
- Secure Car Parking
- Secure storage for bikes and golf clubs
They are also happy to offer the following, by arrangement:
- Onsite Fishing (Carp/Trout)
- Access to Lurcombe’s tennis court
- Golf Course access
- Clay Shooting
- Pick up’s/Drop off’s
- Health Club/Gym
- Horse Riding
The Granary’s History
Originally the farm granary, (the grain would have been sent down to The Mill below to be rolled in the millstone, which still stands outside.)
Accessed by wide Dartmoor granite steps* and beautifully appointed, The Granary is on the first floor of the ‘Shippon’, built in 1851
Lovingly restored and converted into a high quality ‘living’ space, we have every faith you will be transported from the flurry of modern life into the restful countryside lifestyle.
* These granite steps are not suitable for those with access difficulties